Comparison of Pre-Payment and Post-Payment Application Process
Both these are examples of Online Application supplemented with payment through Bank Challan Mechanism.
Example 1: Receives payment before application.
Target is to collect maximum funds and spend minimum online resources.
1. Day1: Basic registration is done.
1A. Day1 Eve: Admin uploads registration data to Bank website.
2. Day2: Candidate goes to Bank and makes payment
2A. Day2 Eve: Admin downloads transaction list from bank.
3. Day3: Candidate can begin application
It has provision to log back and make corrections.
This method has some limitations:
- Method was primitive, though at one end it appears to facilitate, but at the other end, it is more challenging for certain group to login and navigate, so it has had scope for issues.
- If a mistake is made after payment, then the edit possibility keeps ambiguity and uncertainity till the last date.
- the user can login and correct, so most users postpone it.
- If the system assumes any applcation as final, without user pressing the final submit button, then it is possible on the last day, many uneditted and not final applications are also accepted, which will finally lead to rejection after some excercise.
- In order to avoid autosubmission, we have to expect the user to press the final submit. Most users postpone it and do it at the last day. This creates accute load on the server and associated issues.
- If there has been mistake in any basic parameter like dob/mobile etc, then the user has to waste another 3 days to repay and reinitiate application.
Example 2: Collects complete application before payment.
- In case of multiple posts and multiple categories, there are different eligibilities, so filtering is done in the beginning to minimize judgement and scrutiny.
- All filters are applied at the time of application so only the valid eligible user reaches till the end.
- User can print and check application.
- There is no provision to edit application.
- New Application can be made if any mistake and payment must be made against the correct and final application.
- Payment is made after complete Application.
- SMS/email is sent on receipt of payment.
- Unpaid applications are automatically discarded.
- Since all checks are put before hand, no need to upload all documents.
- Because validation need to be done only for limited candidates who will qualify the exam, so they will be asked to bring the documents.
- There is not point receiving documents for other 99% candidates who are not going to pass the test.
- User will login using application number and obvious password (dob/mobile):
- to download Hall ticket
- to see score card
- This application is assumed complete at the level of submission before payment. So it is easy to calculate system usage.
- All can be given one date period to make payment instead of everyday.
This minimizes admin work. Increases the possibility to alter eligibility.