Some of the organizations that are planning to conduct tests with high expected participation, have in mind that these examinations might be needing some exceptionally superior softwares. This concept is not fully correct.
When such a large scale examinations like CAT, IBPS are conducted pan India, they are not conducted with the help of just one single license software loaded on one single dedicated server hosted at some datacenter. Such large scale examination event involves a completely planned solution wherein many servers using multiple software licenses hosted locally in each exam centre or at several datacenters are used and later the data is collated after exam for result processing.
One of the major reason for such a distributed network arrangement is to distribute workload on various servers and also to have backup of the process in case any server fails to deliver. Later when the exam execution is over, the data from all servers is collated to process results.
Thus the software might be same as that is used by a small scale institution, but the total solution is formed by parallel implementation of multiple threads to meet the high workload requirements.
We also have to know that the Software is same for all large or small test events. If you are conducting a test for 10 users or for 1000 users the same Online Exam software
When such a large scale examinations like CAT, IBPS are conducted pan India, they are not conducted with the help of just one single license software loaded on one single dedicated server hosted at one single datacenter. Such large scale examination event involves a completely planned solution wherein many servers using multiple software licenses hosted locally in each exam centre or at several datacenters are used and later the data is collated after exam for result processing.
One of the major reason for such a distributed network arrangement is to avoid the dependency and risk of internet and also to distribute workload on various servers in order to have backup of the process in case any server fails to deliver. Later when the exam execution is over, the data from all servers is collated to process results.
Thus the software in a single lab might be same as what is used by a small institution, but the total solution is formed by parallel implementation of multiple such servers to meet the high workload requirements.
1) No Haste. The proposer must first fully understand the technical system and its components as illustrated in Deployment and Performance FAQs.
2) One person in communication from start till end. If more members going to be involved later, involve them from the first interaction. When people join in-between, they again ask the level 1 questions and confuse others.
3) Genuinely participating person from the Client's end who actually reads the information shared with them. It is neither feasible nor beneficial to verbally narrate the technical concepts like story telling without sincere participation from the other end. Everything is documented, repititve information must be read.
4) Acknowledgement at each step before proceeding further that the information provide has been read and clearely understood.
5) First hand communication with actual client will be required before any demonstration.
To give an idea on the minimum price range, We share the price estimate in the first interaction, even before discussing the requirements and tech specs.
1) Procurement on Lease till a fixed date upto 30 days:
- Parent Server @ Rs.30000
- Child Server @ Rs.10000 each.
2) Procurement as Lifetime License Purchase (if you have frequent projects):
- Parent Server @ Rs.75000
- Child Server @ Rs.25000 each.
3) All additional requirements to the basic system are treated and charged as customization.
Cost of customizations is added only once to the parent license, the price of terminals remains the static.
4) SERVERS/HOSTING: Whether Cloud Hosting or Local Servers in Lab setup, All must be arranged and paid by the client.
We shall facilitate by guiding required configuration. We can also undertake the setup of each cloud server instance as service at a certain price.
5) There may be bulk discounts based on the number of exam servers if required in a very large numbers.
6) Any charges paid till procurement are adjusted in the final procurement price.
DEMO /PoC /TRIAL RUN /PILOT
1) DEMO: Demo is done only for the basic standalone process of Online Exam Software. A large scale implementation is only a multiplication of various instances of Online Exam servers. There is not much visible difference in the large scale process.
2) PoC/TRIAL RUN: There are two sides, (i) Administrator and (ii) Examinee.
As an examinee, there is no pre-training required, because steps are in an obvious flow.
But someone working the system as an administrator will definitely need quite some operational guidance and handholding.
So PoC/Trial Run is Not Free.
PoC setup has 1 parent + 2 Child exam server instances, activated on Addmen server as per following slabs:
3) PILOT: Pilot can be done by making a partial purchase and setting up a grid of multiple Online Exam Servers. It is the choice of customer to go for a pilot at pre-customization or post-customization stage. You can choose the number of server instances in your pilot that satisfy your testing requirement. If the pilot is done after customization, you can extend it to Production, by scaling up the number of instances on the same grid to meet the actual load.
4) Lab testing utility is provided and Addmen helps you to conduct system integrity test. This test will provide you information about how efficiently the system is working.
5) Demo Test should be a compulsory step for the candidate to complete his exam registration so that they are well aware of the system operation and do not have queries or complains due to unawareness and ignorance.